Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Thursday 1 October 2015

Things I Love Thursday

Yes - the moon.  She was lovely as always.  Like most others with a camera, I snapped my own images of her from the deck of my home.  The night was clear and the timing was great.  My kids were out in the backyard enjoying with me.


I love that the days are still warm.  We've had a few warm nights still and were able to sleep with the windows open, though the colours continue to change with the season.


That is the tree over my back deck.  I do love the yellow so very much, especially when it's illuminated in the light!  Many trees are still green.  A few are bare since the last big wind.  This next one from Sutherland Beach is so great - look how much space it takes up!  It's my son's favourite.  He stopped in his tracks to say, 'WOAH.  LOOK at that tree!'


The paths at that off leash park are so gorgeous and a tad spooky.  I love being able to look past the gnarly dark branches to see sunlit areas.  It's like mini tree forts for little ones.


It's not just the trees... but the grasses change colour too.  I love when I find orange and red grasses in the natural parks.  They are so beautiful and they glow when the sun hits them.  This batch looked pretty at the top of a retaining wall along a path.


Okay, one more photo!  This bush is great - the leaves look like coins from a way back: red and gold and burgundy and yellow spots of colour.


Isn't that lovely!?  What a great September it has been.  Happy October, and Happy Thursday to you!  : )


3 comments:

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Saw your link at Sew Me Something Good. So glad I popped in for a wee visit. What a beautiful display of autumn beauty you've captured with your camera. And your commentary about what makes certains views special to you ... makes me wonder if we don't see life from a similar point of view, especially as we connect to the beauty in the world around us.

Thanks for a lovely visit. Here's wishing you glimpses of heaven in unexpected places.
Brenda

Jo Ferguson said...

This is my favourite time of year for all the reasons you've shown, and so many more. Loved the pics.

Lin said...

Great pictures Monika. The one of the moon is brilliant. We had to get up at 5am to see it but I was too dozy to take pictures! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *