Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Thursday 13 August 2015

Things I Love Thursday

Don't you just love it when you are driving in the summertime and the edge of the road is lined with Brown-Eyed Susans?  I do.  It's one of my fondest childhood memories driving back and forth from the farm to the lake, lake to the farm, again and again.

I was driving home a few nights ago and in the pale light of dusk, I thought I saw them, but more than usual.  I pulled over down a dirt road and O MY GOODNESS.  SERIOUSLY!?  I've never seen them in masses like this!  As far as the eye could see, they went on and on and on.  I nearly fell over!

click on the image to view it larger

Oh I love it!  And though it was night time, I took dozens of photos anyhow, and brightened them up when I got home.  Not bad.  Not bad at all.

<      insert heavenly sigh     >


<         insert another heavenly sigh          >

I planned to head back this week during the day but it's been terribly humid and scorching out there. I turn into a sloth in weather like this.  I'll wait for it to cool down.  Even if I never happen upon that road again, this has satisfied me indeed!  WOOHOO!

p.s. to the woman from New Zealand who left a sweet message for me at Handmade House - I got it!  THANK YOU so very much.  : )  You made my day as much as these ditch-bouquets did.

Have a happy Thursday.  Stay cool!



2 comments:

Brenda said...

cool! my favourite flower! Saw your artwork on front of Country Register.

Dolores said...

Ditch bouquet. What a lovely description. Mind if I use it sometime in the future?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *