Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Tuesday 16 June 2015

Handmade House

Handmade House is a shop on Broadway in Saskatoon that sells work by local artisans.  It is run by members - some of which have been there since the beginning many decades ago.  I'm very honoured to announce that I am now one of the members.  I'm working a Friday shift every week, and as a member I have my wares for sale there.

I had a feature wall there last summer which was really successful.  I will once again be stocking Handmade House with art print cards, mini prairie threadpaintings, and hand embroidery.  (*My regular sized threadpaintings and prairie postcards will remain at the SK Craft Council Boutique across the street.)

Well - it's already there!  I went in today to bring in my work and Marg had already cleared some space for me to set up.  (Thank you!)  Here are a few things that are now available there.

available at Handmade House 710 Broadway Ave, Saskatoon

This is a wee silk ribbon piece I made and LOVE how it looks framed without glass in this deep box style frame.  I only wish it also smelled like red clover!  : )

Isn't it sweet?  Silk ribbon is so sculptural.  This is the only piece of silk work I have there, but I am definitely going to bring in some more.


I brought in an assortment of art cards with envelopes based on the images of some of the most popular threadpaintings I've created.

My mini threadpaintings are fun.  By 'mini' I mean two to three inches at most.  Most are bright blue sky with summer fields, but this time there are a few deeper coloured scenes as well.



update - sold three the first day!  : )  Wow thank you xoxoxoxox  Will bring in more on Friday.

Bursting and Roadside are there as well!  : )


It was last year in North Battleford when I started working on Roadside.  It's based on an image I took from Silverspring Prairie.  It was nearly a year before I finished it.  It hung in the gallery in Melfort last month.  I really love it.


I'm really happy to have a place to to publicly display my handwork, my 'unplugged' art.  I'm thrilled to be working there as well!  Thank you so much to Handmade House for bringing me in to your group.  :)

You can read more about Handmade House HERE.  They have a lot of craft in there, from weaving to glass, wood to fibre, jewelry, print making, metal, leather, watercolour...  Maybe I'll see you there.

linking to WIP Wednesday @ TN&TN

4 comments:

AliceKiss said...

как восхитительно и прекрасно)

obat kuat semarang said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Angela said...

Gorgeous work!

Lin said...

Wish I could visit Monika - love the silk ribbon piece. Good luck. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *