Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Tuesday 10 March 2015

Thread Paintings for Gardenscape 2015

AAAH!!!  Isn't it truly amazing out there?  It is spring in Saskatchewan.  Before you know it, Gardenscape will be here!  March 27, 28, 29 at Prairieland park.  This year I understand that the art will be in Hall E (not A as it has been in the past).  I think Hall E is the first entrance you see when you arrive into the parking lot.  You might recall that last year's attraction was the butterflies.  This year, it's Orchids!  That will be wonderful to see.  I have six threadpaintings completed for sale and a few more in the works of varying sizes.  Here's a couple of  sneak peeks of what I've been working on.

Above the Creek Bed, 2015 (work in progress)

It's mostly done.  I need to go back in and add some tree trunks by had and then sign the art as well with my stitches.

I'm working on this large, long piece.  It's from a cell phone capture while driving home from Pike Lake on the last hot day in September.  Here's how I start - photo nearby, and some batiks to block the main colours in place.  For big pieces, I sometimes sketch out some general shapes with coloured pencils.  It gives me a chance to move things if I need to.


I love this one so much!  I have the perfect frame for it.  It's ready for the hand stitching now. I'll be adding in the fence posts, wires, and lush blooms down in the foreground.  I love the way the evening light is working in this.  : )

work in progress - home from the lake

Mmmm.  I'm enjoying all the green. I have some Canola fields and a few Autumn scenes as well.  I'm actually quite SHOCKED at how quick and effortless threadpainting feels after months of hand stitching.  * I have a new appreciation for hand work. *  Now that we are fully resettled into our home, I have been so productive.  That feels GOOD!  I'll have a full display at Gardenscape and some new pieces for the MacKenzie Art Gallery shop as well.  I'm hoping to drop new work off there this weekend when I head through Regina.  I'll keep you posted with what goes where.


Have a lovely week!  Linking to WIP Wednesday @ TN&TN  


6 comments:

Terri said...

Oh my Goodness Girl, you sure have chosen the right path for your talents. I can feel the cool early fall damp grass in the foreground and smell the new mown hay towards the middle. You are amazing.
Thank you so much for sharing your art with us.
Hugs

Threadpainter said...

Oh my, how very lovely these 2 pieces are ! Just LOVe the larger one, nice size !

Unknown said...

Hello, Monika! What kind of paints do you use for batik?

Jeito Mineiro de Ser said...

Eles são um presente para os olhos e o coração! Lindos!
Um abraço!

They are a gift to the eyes and the heart! Gorgeous!
Hugs!
Egléa

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Gorgeous pieces Monika and your stitching is fabulously done as always.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Gorgeous Monika!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *