Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Thursday 12 March 2015

Things I Love Thursday - It's Here in Canada !

Oh my word.  This was like waiting for the tooth fairy that kept missing my house.  It's finally on the shelves here in Saskatoon, so it must be everywhere else too.  We can only blame the weather for this.  I just got a phone call from Indigo (Chapters) saying Stitch / UK issue #93 has arrived!!  I assume McNally Robinson's across the street would have it too, but you should probably phone first.

Issue #93  Feb/Mar 2015

Yippee!!

From Sketch to Stitch 4 page article

There are several threadpaintings displayed in the magazine that I'm sure the owners will be excited to see!  There are pieces residing in Saskatoon, Calgary, California, and Jackfish Lake collections.  : )

feature article:  From Sketch to Stitch

I hope you enjoy the article.  It has a different slant on the use of sketchbooks than most artists might, because I begin my art with collecting and editing photographs.  I owe the 'lightbulb moment' to the work of Canadian artist Sharron Begg.  You'll have to read the article to find out why.  ; )  You can also head over to her blog to enjoy her work, and DO click on her Inks tab.  I love her inks.

I'm about to hit the highway, so perhaps I'll pick up more copies in Regina.  I'm off to Wolseley to do some workshops at a 3 day spring quilting retreat.  I hope I spelled that right.  No matter how I spell it, my computer tells me I'm doing it wrong.  ; )  I'm really excited about this trip, because I have never attended a quilting retreat with food and lodging - like, ever!  Thanks so much Liz at Tiger Lily Quilts for inviting me to do this.

See ya!
and have a Happy Thursday,


7 comments:

arlee said...

YEAH! hope i can find a coy here in Calgary, NOT known for its great magazine or book selections for such a "cosmopolitan" art city!

quiltergirl said...

Please say hello to Liz. She taught me so much about quilting and I miss our visits. My husband bought me the craft stand you featured in a picture, came in a pink box from Michaels. What kind of embroidery frame does,it need. I do lots of handwork on quilts blocks and smaller pieces. Love your work. Wish I were able to take your workshop but we left Saskatchewan for the ocean.

Lin said...

So glad they have finally arrived. xx

Verna G said...

got the last copy at McNally today! Great article Monica.
Verna

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

Liz is awesome. We had so much fun together . :) I will show her your message for sure. Thanks! !

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

Oh my goodness, they are gone already!??
Well... the last one was meant for you for sure. :)

millybridal said...

like you blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *