Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Tuesday 10 December 2013

Practicing What I Preach

You know the thing - Buy Handmade for the Holidays!  I have bought a lot of beautiful fibre art this year from local artists.  (SO HAPPY!)  This is my latest purchase - a commission from a local illustrator.  I tell you, this was the best thing I've ever done!  I met Leanne Franson on Facebook through some mutual friends.  She is a professional illustrator who has work on children's books and posters & pamphlets from Quebec.  I had this crazy notion for her to put my family on a toboggan, flyin' down a hill to be used as our 2013 family holiday card.  WOW - did she deliver!  Check it out!!

Seasons's Greetings from us!  The Kinner-Whalen Family 2013

Arwen, Liam, Me, my husband Michael, and Corbin.  !  Isn't that the best!??  : )   Her site is here:  www.leannefranson.com   Thank you so much Leanne.  We couldn't be happier!


7 comments:

Kate said...

That's an awesome card!

Dolores said...

What a great idea. How very nice and just the personal touch that's needed with a card.

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

She so ROCKED it!!

Anna said...

That is just AWESOME!

HollyM said...

Isn't that fun!
I tried to respond to your comment on my blog and it wouldn't go to your email. I don't want you to think I ignored it. Happy holidays!

Lin said...

Great card and love your philosophy!
(do wish there was spell check here!)

Terri said...

What a fun card! Merry Christmas to you and yours!
Hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *