Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Monday 10 June 2013

Let's Stitch Every Day (that's what she said)

I am so thrilled with how this hand embroidery class has just taken off!  My first trip to Winnipeg was my trial run with "Come for Tea & Stitch with Me".  That was only 6 weeks ago!  Since then,  I am about to offer class # 4 and 5 at Creative House in Saskatoon.  Each class has been tweaked a bit afterwards, and I feel really good about about the content now.  You never know with the first class how things will work or what can be covered in the time allotted.

12 weight Wonderfil cottons on aida cloth

In my class, we discuss needles, thread, threading, knotting, and hooping.  First we practice some basic embroidery stitches with floss/12wt threads, and silk ribbon.  Then we experiment with different fibres and see what certain stitches look like together.  I have been working out some samples for myself over the weekend... and now I'm actually craving to make a crazy quilt!  (That is crazy.)  Never say never I suppose?

designing my own hand embroidered borders

Aren't they PRETTY!?  I love my 12 wts.  I can't weight to get back to Creative House and buy up some more.  When I visited Heather Lair in Gimli, I let her pick some spools to keep as a gift, and she picked all my favorite colors!!  lol  That's awesome Heather.  : )  I look forward to replenishing my stash for sure.  I miss my chartreuse.

I got the BEST feedback today!  Linda - the woman who hosted this class at her home in Winnipeg - told me that their group had such a good time that they get together regularly now to practice more stitches.  They call it 'come for tea and stitch with me'.  Awe - too cool!!  I hope you ladies like my samples here in today's post and will try out some of your own designs.  

all one stitch done with different colors of 12 wt Wonderfil

My next Hand Embroidery 101 class is Wednesday June 12th.  It filled up immediately (!) so I'm running it again on Monday June 24th during the day.  These are at Creative House (Janome & Wonderfil dealer) in Saskatoon.  To register, you will need to phone Wendy at 306.652.0455 / Saskatoon.

On the way home from an embroidery class, I was told that one little girl told her mom, 'that was so inspiring.  Let's stitch every day."

YES.  Let's.

xo

8 comments:

Heather Lair said...

Sorry about taking all your favorite colours!!!!! :)
But, they are awesome threads, and I couldn't help myself!!!
Heather

Becky said...

Wow! Those borders are incredible! I'm glad I can stitch vicariously through you ;-).

HollyM said...

It sounds like its a fun class! I love the borders! You are so creative and seem to have such attention to detail as well as being very enthusiastic.

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo!!
My daughter and I are in your class on Monday!
Can't wait!
Joyce

Nortiness said...

Looks like an awesome class! I wish I could take it but alas I live in Australia :| I will just have to continue to have a gander at all your pictures instead!

Suztats said...

Wonderful border designs! And that's great news about your classes.
I try to stitch every day, too.

josette.272@gmail.com said...

quelle classe c est super biz

josette.272@gmail.com said...

les points sont superbes est ce du point de tige ? biz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *